Yesterday I visited my friends Marcel & Roger Grivec from Jeanspaleis in Kerkrade – NL. Marcel & Roger are one of the coolest and humble guys in the denim industry. I spend the whole day in their denim store and atelier. Marcel & Roger built up an extremely knowledge about denim in their rich and long denim retail history. A half year ago the twin brothers realised their ultimate dream, creating their own Grivec Bros denim collection. The first batch was sold out immediatly and the second one is going really fast too!
They made two different fits, a regual fit (Cool Pete) and a more slimmer fit (Hower). The Cool Pete is my favo fit as it refers to the classics. Both fits are loaded with a lot of details which you can see here below.
Thanks Marcel & Roger for your time and sharing your passion for denim. It’s always good to see you. I’m very honored to hear every story behind the many outstanding details from you. Very inspiring! Proud to have the Cool Pete in my denim collection and will wear them with pride! Many thanks for my pair of jeans! Keep up the good work and ‘Dry till you Die’. Talk soon!
Marcel & Roger Grivec in their atelier
The Cool Pete Jeans
- Regular Fit
- 14oz Japanese rigid selvage denim by the Kaihara mill – Japan
- Selvage button fly
- V-stitch on top button
- Grivec Bros top button
- Fly buttons are classic ’13 star’ buttons
- Personalized Grivec Brothers rivets
- One-line triangle backpocket arcuate stitching
- Grained natural leather patch
- Made in Portugal
- Each jean is wrapped in a miners towel. These towels were used back in the days by miners to keep their laundry separated.
Check the whole story of the Grivec Brothers here: