Tonello’s New Metro Technology
Tonello takes the next step into transparency with its new innovative Metro technology as they quote: ‘Metro – Nothing but the truth.’
The Italian company is already known for its unique approach within the denim industry since the 1970s and changed the way of conceiving jeans. With more than 7.500 machines sold worldwide, Tonello is considered the reference point for the garment finishing industry.
The First Honest Software
The new Metro development by Tonello is software that measures your laundry’s actual consumption of water, energy, and products and enables the centralized management and automatic analysis of all your Tonello machines. In other words, it is a digital platform that helps you control, optimize, and increase the level of sustainability and efficiency of your production processes.
So, if you have ever wondered how much washing and dyeing a garment actually consume, this is the answer. Metro is the first honest software that automatically records the real consumption during the washing and finishing processes of a pair of jeans. The software of Metro collects energy data in a transparent and reliable way, accurately tracking the amount of water and then, at the end, it even calculates the carbon footprint relative to the finishing of your denim garment.
In the end, Metro reports everything on a tag, a so-called ‘environmental passport’, so that it helps you to make the process more efficient and isn’t manipulable, but it also makes choosing the denim garment more responsible.
What Can Metro Do
Metro can do a lot for your company, for example:
- Reports to you the garments produced for each customer or brand, and the related data of the baths and processes carried out.
- Allows you to print the tag of each individual garment: an “identity card” that summarizes its genesis and attests to its degree of sustainability.
- Allows you to track each batch and even an individual garment.
How Does Metro Work?
For each completed order, Metro allows you to view, and print, the various processing reports:
- The consumption report shows the actual data of water and energy consumed for each individual garment and the calculation of the “carbon footprint” related to the washing or dyeing process; Metro also gives you a rating, based on the ranges you have previously defined (which you can change at any time).
- The production report, where you can enter notes and useful information, such as details on the quantity of chemicals, or tips and reminders for operators.
- The chemical products report, which is actually a self-declaration based on the matches created between chemical products and environmental certifications.
Tonello even created a smart function with Metro which is even easier and faster, so it allows you to create washing and dyeing programs directly from the machine’s pc.
In the video you can explore easily how Metro by Tonello works;
Leave a Comment