Orta Anadolu New Collection at Kingpins & 65th Anniversary
Orta Anadolu showed during the last editon of Kingpins in Amsterdam their latest developments. As always they pushed their collections into a higher lever. A level where transparency, sustainability and innovation are leading. Next to that, they celebrated the very first step of their handprint mission in their 65th anniversary in Amsterdam with a special event dedicated to water as a precious, natural resource.
Orta Anadolu is on a mission to drive the denim industry into a more sustainable future. That’s why Orta Blu is in everything they do, at the intersection of where people, planet and purpose co-operate.
For Autumn Winter 2019-’20 their theme is ‘Co-op’. Co-Op refers to something borrowed and something re-mixed. Another meaning of the word is to borrow, and bring two or more things together to make something new. The perfect base for a new collection that makes steps into a brighter future.
During the Kingpins show Orta Anadolu launched their new innovative transparancy tool Life Cycle Assesment (LCA). LCA is a tool Orta has adopted, which helps to analyze the environmental performance of denim production in a transparent and systematic way and to identify the hot spots. Keeping transparency at the core, Orta launched all the fabrics in the new collection with a smart QR codes attached. When scanned, these QR codes show all the ins and outs of the fabric. Details such as the use of amount of water, energy and the production process behind every development. A very innovative tool that brings transparency and sustainability to a higher level.
Indigo Flow For Autumn Winter 2019-’20
Again, all the new Orta Anadolu fabrics are made using their unique ‘Indigo Flow’ process. ‘Indigo Flow’ means that all the fabrics are clean labelled due this process. Read more about ‘Indigo Flow’ here in previous article.
Some highlighted fabrics for the new Autumn Winter 2019-’20 collection are;
- Zero Max: Zero Max is a denim fabric that is made to feel better. It’s a revolutionary soft denim with shaping stretch that drapes next-to-skin. The fabric is soft for you and soft hearted for the planet.
- Magic Real: Magic Real masters the art of shape. The fabric that you can shape and style the look of the leg you want, and it will retain it’s shape. It’s real stretch fabric that shapes and holds like magic.
- Future Legend. Future Legend is the new school authentic that forms the co-op of the future denim aspects together with legendary denim character and retro-statement colors. It is the heritage remake of artisan with a bit of punk-attitude. It’s a future-play on color, artful hand-painting effects that reveal a unique color dimension.
- Even Odds. Even Odds is the denim you grab for your everyday and everywhere moments. It’s the new normal that is the new legend. Today we have ‘new normals, we are constantly on; work 24/7; co-work and co-live; internet, cell phones, Social Media and so on.
- Core Surface. Core Surface is writing the new denim rulebook with sophistication and versatility. It is for today’s mindfulness seekers who travel with heart and embrace a holistic utility approach.
- Constant Variable. Constant Variable is the co-op of techware and denim. It’s hardworking and fearless denim for changing climates, off-grid adventures and the occasional all-nighters. It is for today’s travellers who live life to the fullest, and need constant performance and function for every variable that comes their way.
Orta Anadolu 65th Anniversary
The company started in 1953, which means that they’re existing 65 years this year. During the years Orta transformed from a spinning and weaving company to a denim manufacturer in 1985. Today they produce over 60 million meters of high-quality made denim fabrics in its Turkey and Bahrain factories.
The anniversary is a milestone, so a good reason to celebrate it in Amsterdam with a special event. On the 18th of April the event was organised and decorated with beautiful details such as facts about water as a natural, precious resource, Orta’s future commitments regarding water, an installation symbolizing Orta’s Indigo Flow process and an art installation by Wonder & Water. The installation was exclusively made for Orta’s anniversary, documented in Orta’s Kayseri mill.
During the event Orta’s guests were invited to explore the first step of the ‘Handprint’ mission by their approach to water. A mission that shows the present and embracing the future. This fits perfectly with their mission statement: “While our footprint is what we take from the planet when we consume, our handprint is what we give back the planet when create change for the better.”