The 10 Favorites By…
- Name: Wouter Munnichs
- Daily Work: Founder of the online denim magazine Long John since 2011, and working as a denim specialist for brands, retail, and denim mills. Next to that, I’m part of the Denim Days team in Amsterdam and also co-founder of the Butts and Shoulders brand.
- Instagram ID: @longjohn_denimblog
Wouter Munnichs, founder Long John. Picture by Jenneke Luijmes.
- What is your favorite pair of jeans?
- What is your favorite music record?
That must be one from my musical hero, Bob Marley. The compilation 4-disc box ‘Songs of Freedom‘ from 1992 gives a perfect overview of his work. From his first song ‘Judge Not‘ to one of his last ‘Redemption Song‘, and everything in between. A must-have for any Reggae fan!
- What is your favorite footwear brand?
As it comes to leather boots, Red Wing Shoes. I’m wearing their Moc Toe style already for 20+ years now. During Summer, I like to wear Vans Era’s, but also Birkenstock’s Arizona on hot days.
- What is your favorite denim design?
A simple five pocket jeans made of rigid selvedge fabric.
- What is your favorite holiday destination?
The South of Portugal. Love to hang-out on the small and cozy quiet beaches and spotting surfers enjoying the waves.
- What is your favorite meal?
I really like Italian and Thai food, so pizza and pasta, but also simple rice dishes with vegetables.
- What is your favorite denim jacket?
- What is your favorite achievement?
My 10th anniversary with Long John in 2021, and being chosen as ‘Denim Influencer 2022‘ by Rivet.
- What is your favorite (denim) book?
I have a few denim books that are my favorite, but the last one I added is ‘The Denim Manual‘ by Fashionary. Its the perfect denim guide that highlights almost everything from the history, making of, different fabrics and trims, design options, how to wash your jeans and so on.
- What is your favorite quote?
”Denim is patience, so take your time!”