What’s Your Favorite? With Daniel Padilla Werner
In the topic What’s your favorite?, we ask denim professionals within the industry, or true denim aficionados his, or her, favorites as it comes to denim brand, denim jacket, food, music, store, and so on.
The new edition is with Daniel Padilla Werner, co-owner fashion consultancy company CeeAreDee.
This topic is made in collaboration with Denimhunters.
Photo by Brian Engblad (@oddhunt) & Denimhunters from the ‘Blue Blooded Portfolio’.
- Name: Daniel Padilla Werner.
- Location: I lived in Berlin for the last 10 years, and moved to Bali beginning of this year.
- Profession: Co-owner fashion consultancy company CeeAreDee.
- Instagram: @cee.are.dee
What’s your favorite denim brand?
I cannot name a brand, rather my favourite denim models. For me, there are a lot of denim brands on the market. I am not fixated on one brand.
What’s your favorite pair of jeans?
At the moment I would say my Levi’s Vintage Clothing (LVC) 501 from 1954, from back when they were still made in the US. Also, a Denham “Forge” Virgin Selvedge from one of their first collections, and a black straight cut from Benzak Denim Developers.
What’s your favorite denim jacket?
A Nudie Lab (former high-end line of Nudie Jeans) variation of the Type I jacket, made out of natural dyed Japanese selvedge denim.
What’s your favorite footwear brand?
Tricker’s, even though I cannot really wear them here on Bali.
What’s your favorite retailer?
What’s your favorite Instagrammer or person in the denim industry?
What’s your favorite accessory?
A vintage Rolex Datejust from the year my father was born.
What’s your favorite food?
Any kind of Philippino Adobo.
What’s your favorite music?
Hip Hop from the 90s and early 2000s.
What’s your favorite book?
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway.
What’s your favorite quote?
“Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” by Lucius Annaeus Seneca.
In case you have missed the previous What’s your favorite? Check them out here;
- Tilmann Wrobel a.k.a. Monsieur-T.
- Peter van Rerskov store manager at Brund in Copenhagen.
- Robin Meijerink a.k.a. Robin Denim.
- Guido Wetzels, co-owner of Blaumann Jeanshosen.
- Andrew Chen, co-owner of 3sixteen.
- Matthew Wilson, Rope Dye.
- Stefano Aldighieri, denim consultant.
- Mats Andersson, co-owner Indigofera.
- Ruedi Karrer, Swiss Jeans Freak.
- Alice Tonello, Marketing and R&D Director of Tonello.