What’s Your Favorite? With Shane Brandenburg
In the topic What’s your favorite?, we ask denim professionals within the industry, or true denim aficionados his, or her, favorites as it comes to denim brand, denim jacket, food, music, store, and so on.
The new edition is with Shane Brandenburg, one of the founders of the trade show Selvedge Run. His new project is a very unique denim shop in Hamburg, the only Iron Heart store outside of Japan.
This topic is made in collaboration with Denimhunters.
Photo by Brian Engblad (@oddhunt) & Denimhunters from the ‘Blue Blooded Portfolio’.
- Name: Shane Brandenburg.
- Location: At the moment in Berlin and Hamburg, Germany.
- Profession: As one of the founders of Selvedge Run, the trade show for quality garments and lifestyle goods from around the world, I’ve worked as the sales manager for the past 5 years. My new project with two partners is a new and very unique denim shop in Hamburg. The only Iron Heart store outside of Japan and hopefully not the last.
- Instagram: @ironheartgermany
What’s your favorite denim brand?
From Japan, Iron Heart, and from Europe, Indigofera.
What’s your favorite pair of jeans?
To many: Iron Heart IH-634S-B (21oz), Indigofera Clint ‘Iconic Items’ Shiroyama (18oz.), Levi’s 501XX 1947, Muller & Bros MB001.
What’s your favorite denim jacket?
Iron Heart IH-2526J Brown Duck Type III jacket.
What’s your favorite footwear brand?
Wesco and Viberg.
What’s your favorite retailer?
VMC and Self Edge.
What’s your favorite Instagrammer or person in the denim industry?
Freddy from the VMC store, he’s the best denim seller in the world.
What’s your favorite accessory?
1930s vintage American Native bracelet.
What’s your favorite food?
What’s your favorite music?
Live Beatsteaks, Queens of the Stone Edge, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam. At the store Russian Circles, If These Trees Could Talk and Dope Lemon. To chill Agnes Obel and Mazzy Star.
What’s your favorite book?
‘Butcher’s Crossing’ von John Williams Stoner and ‘Aus hartem Holz’ von Annie Proulx.
What’s your favorite quote?
”Who the fuck is Corona?”
In case you have missed the previous What’s your favorite? Check them out here;
- Tilmann Wrobel a.k.a. Monsieur-T.
- Peter van Rerskov store manager at Brund in Copenhagen.
- Robin Meijerink a.k.a. Robin Denim.
- Guido Wetzels, co-owner of Blaumann Jeanshosen.
- Andrew Chen, co-owner of 3sixteen.
- Matthew Wilson, Rope Dye.
- Stefano Aldighieri, denim consultant.
- Mats Andersson, co-owner Indigofera.
- Ruedi Karrer, Swiss Jeans Freak.
- Alice Tonello, Marketing and R&D Director of Tonello.
- Daniel Padilla Werner, co-owner fashion consultancy company CeeAreDee