Worn-Out Projects X Grivec Bros. Cool Pete Part 1
- Owner: Wouter Munnichs, founder Long John. Next to running this online denim magazine I’m working as a freelance denim specialist for brands and retail. Same as the magazine I’m doing this since 2011. Read more about my freelance denim services here.
- Brand: Grivec Bros. by Marcel and Roger Grivec from Chevremont, Kerkrade (NL).
- Fit: Cool Pete. The Cool Pete is a regular tapered cut, a jeans in a 14oz Japanese redline selvage denim fabric from the Kaihara mill.
- Details of the jeans: 13 stars buttons (known of US navy uniforms from World War 2) and Grivec top button, one line triangle backpocket stitching, 6 belt loops (instead of common 5), heavy grained natural leather patch with brand logo which will age with wear.
- Age: 1.5 years. I started to wear this jeans on the 1st of January in 2017.
- Treatment: One rinse by hand from 15 minutes after one year of wear. The rinse is done to strength the fibers of the fabric after intense wear. And to get rid of the dirt of course.
Natural Sea Rinse In Portugal
I’m just back from a family holiday trip to Portugal. I went to the beautiful small village Carvoeiro in the Algarve. It’s a small fisher village. As my jeans had already a rinse in my tub after one year of wear I want to give it again a rinse, but this time more natural. So I went to the amazing Benagil beach to give the jeans a natural sea rinse. To rinse the jeans the fibers will strength again as I don’t want to have too much rips and blown-outs. With a rinse you get rid of the dirt and the more blueish indigo colour pops-up more and more.
The pictures below are taken before the natural rinse in the sea. As you can see my wear pattern is coming out slowly after wear and the first rinse at the end of 2017. To create your own wear pattern is magical and it strength the bond with your pair. That’s one of the beautiful elements of rigid jeans. Everyone creates their own pattern, which makes every pair (more) unique.
In the next updates, Part 2 and Part 3, you will see the sea rinse and the end result. But first the before pics. To be continued…
I like to count the wear days prison style, so for each wear day a single dash.
The jeans is turned inside out and ready to get a natural rinse in the Portuguese sea at Benagil beach.
Coming soon: Part 2 (Sea wash) and Part 3 (Result after sea wash).